Monday, August 12, 2013

The School Room



 
It's School Room week over at the Not Back to School Blog Hop.
 
Here's the classic post that show the gutted first floor and what my big plans were. Big plans have been way-laid by painting the house, building brick paths, refinishing doors, actual homeschooling,  etc. etc.

Our trusty little library cart still rocks the Cabana (and it's never as empty as it is in this photo!)
 
And the breakfast bar, dining room is pretty much where we live.

 
Unless we're on the front porch.

We'll still hang out all over the house. Which just gets more beautiful by the day. We finally have the space for the rocking-est school room, but honestly, at this point, they have so much space and along time, they are good hanging out together in the dining room, living room or front porch.

Looking forward to seeing other people's spaces!
Curriculum Week in the 2013 Not Back to School Blog Hop

12 comments:

Nicole said...

LOVE that front porch! I think you would find me there often!

laughinglioness.lisa@gmail.com said...

Thanks, Nicole- We do love it ; )!

Mary said...

Lisa, I love, love, love the porch! Especially the rocker.

Dawn said...

What great spaces.THe front porch is a huge plus!
Blessings, Dawn

Tammy Foley said...

Your home is absolutely beautiful. Love, love, love that front porch.

MJ @ Creative Madness Mama said...

I wanted to let you know the Memorial Press Blog Roll button has been updated! http://creativemadnessmama.com/2012-2013-memoria-press-blog-roll/

Sanz said...

We are all over the house homeschoolers too! I love your front porch! Gorgeous! Have a great year!

Leah Courtney said...

I like it. My favorite is having the library cart!

annette @ A Net In Time said...

you have a nice area to hang out in. :) good to see.

Nicole said...

I am also in love with your porch! Enjoy your new home!

Erin Slocum said...

Love your porch! Wish we had one!

laughinglioness.lisa@gmail.com said...

Wish ya'll could come on over and hang out on my porch with me! It is lovely this time of year ; )!And we Love our library cart! If we could build one- anyone can!!